Join our Talent Community - Bright House Networks
Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Bright House Networks. By completing this section, we will add you to our Talent Community so we can stay in touch regarding future news, events and opportunities. Upon continuing, you will be prompted to create an account and complete an on-line employment profile for the job that interests you.
The Director of Software Quality Assurance and Testing Engineering group will utilize strong management and technical competencies to set objectives and develop strategies for the QA organization. Enabling QA support and coverage across various enterprise, and B/OSS application development groups, and solution delivery efforts.
Incumbent will provide direction and leadership to subordinate level managers and Engineering professionals focused on debugging developed solution applications through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for targeted solutions delivery and capabilities. These committed teams develop, modify, and execute software test plans/test-cases, analyze and write test standards and procedures, maintain documentation of results, and consult with development Engineers, enterprise architects, Business Requirement analysts, and engaged customer partners in resolution of issues/concerns/defects identified.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Solutions In-take and Delivery Office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Senior management and direction for the teams of QA engineers.
- Define common QA processes, implement best practices, and drive QA activities in the development and testing portions of the product life cycles. Establish metrics which measure software quality, testing effectiveness, and QA team productivity
- Manage resource assignments and allocations across all QA activities and provide prioritization and load-balancing of these activities
- Define standard life cycle components with regard to quality assurance, and will be responsible to engage and participate to defining and overseeing application solution release criteria and plans.
- Identify synergies on the teams, both within the Director's own organization and across other application development, architecture, and in-take/delivery-management organizations.
- Engage on the implementation of strategies for people, process, and technology to realize these synergies
- Provide regular communication of project status and issues requiring escalation.
- Prepare presentations and communicate with all levels inside Bright House and with external vendors.
- Manage purchase request process for contract resources and hardware resources needed to maintain the QA environments.
- 10+ years progressive responsibility and experience in systems engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems preferred or direct equivalent work experience.
- At least 5+ years managing medium to large technology-based teams. Demonstrated strong team leadership and management skills leading engineering and test personnel (including in-house resources, and onshore/offshore contract resources).
- Demonstrated experience performing and managing QA efforts that include: end-to-end testing, system integration testing, performance testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology is required.
- Strong knowledge of Testing tools like HP/Mercury products and/or Rational tools.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development TDD software process or Agile software development process is required.
- Ability to maintain a keen sense of appropriate quality levels to meet business objectives; understanding that not all projects are created equally.
- Function well in a fast-paced, informal environment.
- Believe in having processes, accept shifting priorities, and know how to negotiate.
- Strong knowledge of development life cycles and best practices and in delivering solutions.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills, strong ability to create vision, sell ideas, and motivate teams; Proven track record of being able to build teams, and to drive results
- Knowledge of security testing and secure development life cycle practices
- Background knowledge base of applications and systems that enables B/OSS (Service Fulfillment/Provisioning, Order management, Service/Network monitoring, CRM, Asset Mgmt, etc.), Enterprise IT (Trouble ticketing, IDM/Entitlements, Online Web base solutions, Mobile technologies, Data Warehousing, enterprise reporting, etc.) is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, with occasional standing, walking, bending or stooping. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel; and have the ability to type and read using a computer. The employee must be able to communicate on the phone with the use of a headset. Work is in an office environment at a single location, with occasional travel for meetings and training courses.