Global Petroleum Product Marketing Manager – Platts #28575
The Global Petroleum Product Marketing Manager will work as a member of the broader, global petroleum team that is responsible for partnering with editors, product managers, commercial managers, business development managers and client development managers to advance the Oil sector business agenda. S/he will develop and execute the annual campaigns and go to market plans for all existing Oil products based on Platts’ leadership position in each of the regions for those products. Furthermore, this role will plan and execute new ideas that are not “initiatives”, but represent advances in our customer value delivery, e.g. electronic fulfillment; real-time; market data feeds, etc. The product Marketer will also assure that results from Market Intelligence surveys, Branding and operational activities from Field Marketing are incorporated properly into collateral, messaging and communicated to the other groups within the broader oil team to benefit the entire Oil business.
Develop the global Petroleum strategic marketing plans to promote existing product solutions and new ideas. This includes:
• Working as a member of the broader, global petroleum team in the capacity of a product marketing manager that is responsible for partnering with editors, product managers, commercial managers, business development managers and CDMs (i.e. not with the heads of those areas) to advance the Oil sector business agenda.
• Develop and execute the annual campaigns and go to market plans for all existing Oil products based on Platts’ leadership position in each of the regions for those products.
• S/he will plan and execute new ideas that are not “initiatives”, but represent advances in our customer value delivery, e.g. electronic fulfillment; real-time; market data feeds, etc.
• The product marketer will also assure that results from Market Intelligence surveys, Branding and operational activities from Field Marketing are incorporated properly into collateral, messaging and communicated to the other groups within the broader oil team to benefit the entire Oil business.
• Develop/modify value propositions for each target market to be applied to the relevant products within the Petroleum commodity sector.
• Develop Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing plan and work with the Online Marketing Manager to implement programs.
• Develop the ecommerce plan for appropriate products working closely with the Online Marketing Manager.
• Create the global Petroleum marketing plan and make adjustments as necessary for specific products or markets based on the marketing metrics and feedback from sales and the marketplace.
• Attend relevant conferences where appropriate to grow his/her customer network, conduct focus groups and other activities that foster understanding of how the markets utilize and learn about Platts Petroleum products.
• Collaborate with Field Marketing to produce problem-solution based promotional campaigns and sales collateral.
• Develop strategic Petroleum thought leadership assets for Field Marketing use in tactical campaigns.
• Formulate and manage your global Petroleum budget with input from the regional Field Marketers and global Product Managers and Petroleum editorial sector head
• Maintain and update relevant marketing segments of the Platts.com website
• Work closely with Product Management to develop the appropriate global audience for the Petroleum commodity sector.
• Develop a clear understanding of the Petroleum customer workflow for the front, mid and back office and develop a clear segmentation and audience targeting strategy.
• Work on all regional and global special projects as assigned by management. Make sure all projects are completed to time, working with as many different departments as is required and that the results are clearly communicated to the global teams. This includes collateral, training, reports, presentations.
· Previous B to B marketing experience working in a product marketing role
· Educational Requirements – Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing degree a plus)
· Has demonstrated experience in persona-based marketing programs whereby campaigns and collateral are geared toward specific roles (i.e., front office traders, accounting, settlement, risk management, etc.).
· Knowledge of the commodity trading work flow and community
· Proven experience working with and managing marketing vendors
· Has demonstrated experience in working with product management teams and understands how to convert their go to market strategies into marketing and sales plans.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and skills.
· Demonstrable success in developing product marketing strategies and launch plans
· Strong computer skills required. (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Eloqua).
· Knowledge of the Petroleum industry a plus
· Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
· Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
· 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
· Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
· About the Company
· At Platts, the world’s leading energy information provider, traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders will depend on you to help them make better trading and investment decisions in the all-important energy markets. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts. We have a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. Platts is a division of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.