Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Performs a variety of activities within Human Resources to support major processes such as wage and salary payroll, disability case management, compensation and benefits, recruitment and selection, employee development, health and safety, legal compliance and employee communications. This position supports five separate Canadian units, and is located in Grimsby, Ontario.
- Provides advice/guidance to managers and employees regarding Human Resources programs, policies, and procedures.
- Utilizes Human Resources' tools such as SAP, HR Connect & Taleo to view and extract data used to respond to requests for information.
- Completes system requirements needed to administer the movement of employees within the organization, hiring of new employees and departure of existing employees.
- Prepares offer letters for prospective employees, or for internal employee movement.
- Provides support for short term disability cases.
- Conducts on boarding activities with new employees.
- Acts as the Global Performance Management Advisor.
- Gathers and compiles data to support compliance efforts such as legal requirements, Health and Safety metrics, and other such areas.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
What It Takes
- Working knowledge of Human Resources principles and procedures
- Demonstrated successful experience in some or all of the following areas; Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment and Selection, Employee Development, Health and Safety, Employee Communications, and Legal & Corporate Compliance.
- Skilled in utilizing Human Resources tools to view and extract data.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work in partnership with managers and employees and to possess the capability to influence without authority.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Social Sciences Field or the equivalent in education and/or experience.
- CHRP designation.
- A working knowledge of HR Connect and Taleo along with other Deere related recruitment systems, policies and processes.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.