Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You'll Do
As a Dealer Business Specialist for John Deere in East Moline, IL, you will be a member of the Dealer Infrastructure Support team within the Dealer Solutions, JDIS Support organization and you will provide Advanced Technical Consultation, Technical Installation Services, and Help Desk Technical Support Services for John Deere Dealers. In addition, you will:
- Be responsible for resolving highly complex technical problems and issues that occur with both JDO and dealer on-site environments
- Participate in and be a resource for both remote and on-site installations, consultation engagements, training events, and EQUIP Tech Ready projects
- Follow established Dealer Solutions, JDIS Support processes
- Participate fully as an effective team member working toward customer satisfaction meeting established Dealer Solutions, JDIS Support service metrics and provide coaching to other team members
- Position will require some travel relating to installation engagements. The level of travel may be 25% during peak periods of the installation schedule
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Experience serving as a Team Lead for technical installations
- Extensive experience handling technical support responsibilities
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems remotely (via telephone or VPN connection) and during face to face situations while onsite
- Advanced knowledge of networking and client/server environments
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to solve problems on behalf of the customer
- Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate, negotiate, and deal with conflict resolution
- Ability to work flexible hours to support dealer operations
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international
A strong candidate will also have:
- An extensive background and experience in working with the JDIS EQUIP business system and with dealership business processes
- Extensive Help Desk experience with JDIS supporting the infrastructures for Legacy and Equip DBS
- Extensive experience using JDIS support tools (SAP and WebHelpR)
- Proven advanced problem solving skills and the ability to use analytical techniques for researching technical problems
- Understanding of the current JDIS UNIX business system, the EQUIP DBS and JDO architecture
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.