Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
This is a junior-level position that plans, coordinates, performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project. Operates in a team environment, providing input to remanufacturing solutions and participating in product reviews. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel. Develops remanufactured product structures and reclaim designs within established guidelines; work is reviewed internally by more senior personnel. This position is located in Edmonton (Nisku), Alberta.
- Creates product structures (Bills of Materials), estimates appropriate piece part replacement rates and identifies components suitable for reclaim.
- Retrieves and documents original equipment specifications.
- Generates specifications for new reclaim processes and custom manufactured replacement parts.
- Analyzes requirements of machine application to verify the appropriate configuration of a component.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information to document the remanufactured solution required for the adoption of the remanufactured product structure with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Determines test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
- Performs root cause analysis, reports findings on failed product and provides input on corrective action.
- Initiates and/or completes components of the engineering change management process.
- Participates in PDP (Product Delivery Process) and QIT (Quality Improvement Team) meetings.
- Technical support of customers via the unit DTAC group.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications as solutions to routine problems or projects.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s degree or technology diploma in an applicable engineering discipline, ideally mechanical.
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and aptitude to carry out processes and procedures.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and Internet functions
- Familiarity with the complete John Deere product portfolio.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and drive train components used on John Deere equipment.
- Experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems
- Experience in root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience using company information systems such as: WISE, RECON, DTAC, PMPRO, Service Advisor, SAP.
- Eligible for registration with APEGA
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.