Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The successful applicant will provide be a member of the senior management team, providing advice and leadership on legal, regulatory and compliance implications of business activities and decisions. Will be responsible for delivering advice to clients on matters with enterprise-wide implications and requiring deep legal knowledge. This position is located in the Burlington office.
- Delivers advice to clients on matters with enterprise-wide implications and requiring deep knowledge in at least one specialty area.
- Expected to be an expert in several areas of the law.
- Provides work direction and supervision.
- Handles funding/legal matters for Deere Treasury as they relate to the Canadian funding scheme.
- Thoroughly understands Deere's businesses and operations as they relate to the specialty practice areas.
- Plays a lead role in developing business strategy.
- Anticipates potential issues by watching trends in general areas of the law and understanding implications to the business.
- Communicates and suggests possible courses of action and alternatives.
- Takes a leadership role in risk assessment where broad knowledge of several areas is required and in determining courses of action consistent with the company's objectives and expert knowledge of the law in relevant areas.
What It Takes
- Degree in a Law (LLB) and membership in good standing in the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Willingness to travel approximately less than 5%.
- Knowledge of the law in at least one substantive area of the law requiring research on only the most complex issues.
- Expert understanding of various legal principles, can apply information to complex situations, solve complex legal problems, conduct legal research, break new ground, develop new applications, and provide expert support for other practitioners.
- At least 10 years of successful law practice.
- Significant experience in a corporate legal environment.
- Thorough and expert understanding of equipment leasing and financing, secured lending, financial transactions and related compliance laws and regulations.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiations, and conflict resolution.
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style;
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.