Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it's green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it's to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
A key component of the marketing function at John Deere is the product support team. Members of the team provide technical assistance to John Deere dealers through the Dealer Technical Assistance Center (DTAC) hotline. The work is challenging, fast–paced and very fulfilling. Product support professionals work with every area of the company, including engineering, service parts, manufacturing, marketing, the branch organization, dealers and customers. Through exposure to all facets of our business, individuals can identify other areas of the company that may serve as a future career path.
What You'll Do
As a Technical Support Specialist, DTAC for John Deere Waterloo Works, located in Waterloo, IA, you will provide product and customer support, primarily through the DTAC system, for the Tractor platform.
In addition, you will:
- Develop new solutions and provide product technical support to field teams, channel partners, on customer problems.
- Identify emerging issues or product problems using known information & personal knowledge. Once identified, puts together an evidence package.
- May develop and deliver advanced technical content training materials.
- May travel to the field to resolve diagnostic problems or collect failure data and application data to provide problem definition on problems.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience in a related career field.
We also require:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read engineering prints and schematics.
- Knowledge of vehicle systems (hydraulic and electric systems, etc.).
- Ability to perform in worldwide team structures with different cultures.
- Experience with diagnostic tools.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (off-shift hours) to assist in greater technical coverage to our channel partners.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with the DTAC (Dealer Technical Assistance Center) System.
- Experience with tractors and their system functions.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Product Delivery Process.
- Knowledge of Customer Support Planning.
- Knowledge of dealer and branch structure.
- Ability to read, speak and translate German, French, Spanish and Portuguese languages.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.