Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land - those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Lead for John Deere’s IT OFP Services Order Management team in Moline, IL, you will provide technical leadership for our Order entry and Forecasting and Planning systems. In this role you will develop, analyze, design, test, support, and provide direction to a third party development team. In addition, you will:
- Manage the project work plan, keeping projects on track, in scope, ensuring realistic estimates, providing work direction across teams (on average, there are 3-8 persons on each project), providing regular communication, and successfully delivering on commitments
- Provide technical leadership of the IT OFP Services Order Management applications - COMAR, JDMINT, JDOP, OF Planning Systems
- Act as the technical lead in the Future State Architecture phase 2 project - evaluating a re-design of the Planning Systems applications
- Provide analytical and technical support for COMAR
- Investigate new technologies to effectively deliver system solutions
- Gather, document, and analyze business requirements
- Create project work plans, keeping projects on track, in scope, and seeing projects thru to completion
- Communicate and provide regular status updates on projects
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Experience developing with JCL, TSO, SAS, COBOL, SQL, IMS transactions, database design, and performance tuning
- Minimum of 3-5 years Java programming experience
- Experience documenting technical specifications
- Strong planning and communication skills
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with object orientated design
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with ESP
- Knowledge of RMDS
- Knowledge of the Complete Goods and Forecasting & Planning business
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.