Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
This posting will be used to fill multiple openings, which can be located in either Moline, Illinois or Des Moines, Iowa.
What You’ll Do:
John Deere is seeking an Information Technology Leader to serve as the Information Technology (IT) manager/process leader within an application development organization (Product Development, Order Fulfillment, SAP Services, Dealer and Customer systems, etc.) or Infrastructure domain (Telecommunications, Servers/Storage, Enterprise Architecture, Data Governance, etc). In addition, you will:
• Apply both your Information Technology experience and business acumen to lead multiple teams, resources, and/or processes to enable the business.
• Develop key business relationships with business and IT management and deliver IT services on a global basis.
• Play a key role in the development of IT strategic plans that align with business strategies, enterprise infrastructure, and development standards to meet business requirements.
• Manage the full life-cycle of applications and/or infrastructure (portfolio management).
• Manage multiple teams and Information Technology (IT) Leaders/Managers, Including career development, work direction, coaching, talent development, performance management and team building.
• Develop, track, and meet the capital and expense budget for a project, service and/or department.
• Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship between business partners, other teams/disciplines and suppliers to provide a total solution.
• Define, monitor, and maintain key metrics for area of responsibility to measure the effectiveness and value of the services provided.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience in a related career field. We also require:
• 4 years of experience managing capital and expense budgets
• 7 years of managerial experience, including placement, work direction, coaching, performance management and talent development.
• 4 years project management experience including plan development, budget management, team management, requirements gathering, delivery and deployment.
• Experience managing a global team to deliver innovative IT solutions.
• Experience managing global suppliers and 3rd party service providers.
• Experience leading an IT team within a multi-national company.
• Ability to travel up to 15%, global and/or domestic.
A strong candidate will also have:
• An MBA or other advanced degree
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.