Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You’ll Do
As an Infrastructure Analyst for John Deere in Moline, IL, you will serve as an expert and be routinely involved in decision making relative to database processes and standards, technology or business related issues. In addition, you will:
- Apply detailed analysis to optimize Information Technology (IT) infrastructure in support of major business processes
- Actively participate in the installation, configuration, monitoring and maintaining of Oracle databases
- Actively participate in on-call rotations for database support
- Work on projects of a small to medium size
- Maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Participate in database restores/recoveries
- Perform ongoing database security management
- Maintain database standards for the organization to ensure consistency in server/instance/database/user creation
- Create and maintain documentation for frequently performed tasks
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Production experience in Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g and RAC
- Experience with database backups, recoveries and data restorations
- Strong shell scripting experience
- Experience in installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining databases
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems which may require working with the supplier
- Ability to assist in architecture planning and implementation to maintain a highly available infrastructure
- Ability to analyze, translate and define business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience in managing multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to monitor and react to system-down situations
- Willingness to participate in 24x7 on-call rotations
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Self starter with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
A strong candidate will also have:
- 5 - 7 years of experience managing production Oracle databases (Unix, Linux, Windows)
- Experience working with Oracle Database Appliances (ODA)
- Experience in working with Quest products (Performance Analysis, Spotlight, Toad, Lite Speed)
- Experience in Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA)
- Experience in Oracle running in a clustered (non RAC) environment
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.