Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
This position will plan, coordinate and performs manufacturing engineering work to support the remanufacturing process. This position is located in Edmonton (Nisku) at the John Deere Reman Unit.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support in a Remanufacturing Facility.
- Responsible for process, tooling and continuous improvement for an area or areas of production.
- Provide direct assistance to supervisors and lead hands in the development of work instructions or safety procedures.
- Development of production and facility budgets and performance metrics.
- Identify and implement safety, quality and cost reduction improvements in a team environment.
- Document, analyze and report on capacity, productivity and efficiency studies.
- Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates, gathers and analyzes data.
What It Takes
- Degree in an Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Working knowledge of database management tools.
- General understanding of computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling and tool design.
- Understands the John Deere Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP).
- Background in manufacturing engineering related to safety, quality, process flow and tool design.
- Experience with AutoCad and/or PRO-E.
- Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment or similar.
- Experience with Agriculture or Construction heavy equipment.
- Experience with power train or hydraulic equipment.
- Project management skills.
- Eligible for registration with APEGA
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.