Sentry Insurance, one of the nation’s largest mutual insurance companies, takes pride in offering outstanding students like you a chance to explore a range of career paths. Sentry puts qualified students to work each year – in internships they enjoy.
Whether your greatest strength is that you are a math mastermind, a word wizard, a talented technologist or a people person, a Sentry internship will provide opportunities to learn, develop and contribute to successful projects in a corporate environment. As you apply your skills and knowledge, you will learn how your interests match up with the career opportunities that Sentry has to offer.
What You'll Do
Legal Interns will work with attorneys in the Corporate Legal Department to provide advice to Sentry’s management throughout all areas of our business. You can expect to complete legal assignments that pertain to advertising, contracts, eCommerce, privacy, social media and a wide variety of insurance lines, among other areas of practice.
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this opportunity you must meet the following criteria;
What You'll Receive
- Completion of at least the first year of law school (must be a current law student)
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Eligible to work in the United States without need for any type of work authorization
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
How You’ll Apply
- Legal Interns earn $23-$25 an hour based on qualifications
- Extensive development of skills through training and mentoring
- Free lodging in Sentry’s onsite Residence Center
- Free access to Sentry’s onsite Fitness Center, including racquetball courts and a full gym
- Access to an excellent cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
- Access to Sentry’s credit union, auto center, restaurants, theater, and more!
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.