Thank you for your interest in learning more about Rockwell Automation employment. We encourage you to apply to positions that align with your background.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below and join our Talent Network. Rockwell Automation may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment opportunities.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at Rockwell Automation.
The Senior Interactive Designer is responsible for helping to guide the visual development and user experience for the Rockwell Automation Website Portfolio. The ideal candidate possesses a creative and critical eye, and has a strong understanding of internet technologies, human interaction, and user-experience and user-interface design best practices.
The Interactive Designer should have a thorough understanding of usability and testing practices to oversee the quality of all projects he/she produces. This coupled with a passion for professional skill development and staying current on digital design trends.
On a day-to-day basis the Interactive Designer is expected to create innovative customer solutions, design modern, clean and engaging interfaces, strive for making easy the norm and work hand-in-hand with the development team to produce ‘customer’ centric user experiences. The Interactive Designer may also contribute to the design of mobile web/app initiatives if the candidate possesses this experience/skill set.
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing team and key stakeholders to create a world-class digital designs and user experiences.
• Contribute and collaborate with team members in making key product decisions.
• Be the subject matter expert on crafting the appropriate UX / UI solution and defining the vision of the end-to-end user experience.
• Participate in ongoing customer research, interviews and on-site visits in order to fully grasp the needs of our users first-hand.
• Apply experience in user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices.
• Be an end-user advocate; driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to quickly execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints
• Layout and visualize new pages, templates, and site content to continuously improve our website experience.
BA/BS/BFA or equivalent work experience in a related design discipline (i.e. Advertising, Art Direction, Visual Design, Industrial Design, etc.).
Minimum five years of professional experience in Interactive Design.
Must possess a strong digital visual design/layout/typography skillset.
Must possess mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
Thorough understanding of CSS, HTML; must be able to do light hand coding.
Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications and demos.
Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate on designs.
Strong problem-solving, creative, communication and negotiation skills. Ability to “sell” your designs.
Ability to work with minimal direction in a constantly evolving fast-paced environment; must be able to quickly identify and prioritize business objectives.
Ability to accept constructive criticism.
Experience working with Development and IT teams, as well as Business and Marketing.
Ability to work harmoniously in small, cross-functional teams.