Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Each piece of John Deere equipment has hundreds of parts making it possible to undertake tough jobs globally. Our Worldwide Parts Division helps keep them all running. Comprehensive management and distribution of parts inventory and materials is vital to the success of our customers and our company. In addition, high technology enables the Parts Division to provide services like pricing, system support, forecasting, planning and analysis to all of Deere's equipment divisions. Thanks to John Deere parts, our customers know that when they need their John Deere machines to work - they will.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You’ll Do
As a Packaging Analyst for John Deere Parts Distribution Center in Milan, IL, will provide on-the-floor support and lead small to medium sized projects that are focused on improving performance and integrity within the organization. In addition you will:
- Perform methods engineering, based on corporate guidelines, on the initial receipt of all service parts, to determine how parts should be packaged.
- Audit the packaging operation as well as finished goods locations (verifying operation is in alignment with packaging specifications and standards).
- Investigate, coordinate and resolve receiving problems.
- Determine disposition of non-saleable or incorrectly packaged parts.
- Process salvages, Exterior Shipping Authorization (ESA), scrap and reject authorizations.
- Analyze, summarize, and disperse information to management.
- Assist packaging operations with the processing of Return Goods Authorization (RGA) parts and disposition of damaged parts.
- Develop tools to support the operation and drive process improvements.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail, who has experience working in a packaging operation or industrial environment. Ideally, you will have Bachelor's degree in Packaging, Engineering, or similar discipline and/or related experience is required. We also require:
- John Deere Parts Packaging Operations experience to include a solid understanding of JDV9 and G222 standards, our processes and packaging solutions, and core MDS and DNS transactions.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Mentoring experience.
- Six Sigma experience and/or process improvement experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience such as Pivot Tables, Formulas, and VBA development.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Access, SAS and SQL.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.