Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
As a Quality Engineer for John Deere Waterloo Works, located in Waterloo, IA, you will provide demonstrated quality execution within the Supplier Quality Organization as it pertains to the manufacturing environment. In addition, you will:
- Launch supplier improvement projects, including gathering and analyzing data, assist in determining root cause for quality problems and driving supplier performance improvements.
- Manage the non-conforming material process.
- Identify, address and contain Supplier Quality issues.
- Manage Business Unit's Supplier FPY initiatives.
- Represent Supplier Quality in Business Unit's QIT meetings.
- Lead Supplier Quality on the manufacturing floor during ‘New Product Builds’ and ‘Start of Production’ activities.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience in a related career field.
We also require:
- Project management and problem solving skills.
- Experience in driving a closed loop corrective action process, including rigorous root cause analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively facilitate, lead and manage small teams.
A strong candidate will also have:
Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Knowledge of products and customers.
Knowledge in Supplier Quality.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.