Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Financial might be just the place for you. We’re one of the largest equipment finance companies in the U.S. for agricultural, construction, forestry, lawn and turf care, landscaping, commercial, and consumer equipment purchases, as well as revolving credit and operating loans. We’re continually growing to serve customers around the globe and in many industries, providing retail, wholesale, and lease financing solutions that fit their business needs. We’re continually looking for eager professionals who are passionate about the opportunities and rewards of financial services.
As the Compliance Manager-Crop Insurance at John Deere Financial, you will act as the primary liaison to the JDF Compliance Manager and Legal Counsel for all legal, regulatory, and compliance issues. In addition, you will:
- Manage the compliance program required by the Standard Reinsurance Agreement prescribed by the Federal Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) program, multiple State insurance department regulations, and internal Deere regulations.
- Administer the internal anti-fraud program, conflict of interest, and customer complaint system.
- Coordinate the licensing function for John Deere Insurance Company (JDIC) Agencies and its adjusters.
- Oversee the development and coordinate the required compliance and regulatory training programs for JDIC personnel and all related contractors.
- Manage the compliance function which includes the monitoring of the activity of the Marketing, Administration, Claims, Field Services, Underwriting, Agency Management, Portfolio Management, and Information Technology (IT) departments plus create reports, and respond to State complaint, and RMA investigations or findings.
- Identify improvements to the JDIC processes and procedures and prepare recommendations for management.
- Maintain the JDIC filing and records system for all regulatory documents, ensuring compliance with the division guidelines.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who has sound decision-making skills and strong relationship building skills. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in an Agri-business related discipline or equivalent education or 5 years experience with federal multi-peril crop insurance program requirements. We also require:
- Experience managing critical relationships with various federal and individual states regulators.
- Coordinate continuous monitoring, reporting processes, and responds to various inquiries and requests for information from various federal and individual states' regulators.
- Experience managing others.
- 8 years of experience in specialized area of insurance such as crop, casualty, property, etc.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Extensive experience with insurance program(s), claims provisions of insurance policies, loss methodologies, etc.
- Extensive experience with legislative and regulatory decision-making processes and the impact of proposed legislation and/or regulations on the Company's operations.
- Extensive experience with government regulations and accreditation requirements as well as federal and state regulations.
- Effective writing skills including grammatical usage, persuasive copy, and style.
- Knowledge of unit processes and operations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.