Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Note: Two positions are available
Analyzes financial capacity and borrowing needs for more complex agricultural, construction and forestry equipment credit applications from dealers, manufacturers, merchants, alliance partners, producers or customers and assigns appropriate credit decision/limit and pricing recommendation. Performs on-going account management for more complex relationships which includes financial review and monitoring. May assist with problem-solving, training, and mentoring of less experienced personnel (if applicable). This position is located in the Burlington office.
- Performs on-going account management for more complex relationships which may include: monitoring daily transactions to ensure compliance with credit line conditions, credit limit and pricing adjustments, liquidating credit lines when appropriate, and restructure of past due agriculture, construction and/or forestry accounts.
- Perform detailed credit/financial analysis of larger, more complex applications to approve or reject credit according to guidelines established by the Company, establish appropriate credit limits, recommend initial pricing, and effectively present recommendations to management and/or credit committees, as required.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with dealers/merchants/ alliance partners and/or personnel in the Deere Equipment Divisions to more effectively support credit decisions. Some travel may be required.
- May be expected to provide guidance or work direction to departmental personnel (if applicable).
- May assist with problem solving, training and/or mentoring less experienced personnel (if applicable).
What It Takes
- Extensive retail credit adjudication experience in the equipment finance industry – minimum 5 years at the mid-ticket level.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, cash flow, and key financial ratios.
- Ability to use various industry-specific computer programs, e.g. Moody’s, Infolease, TValue, etc.
- Strong knowledge of equipment finance industry with specific experience in adjudicating large credit in the construction, agriculture and forestry industries – minimum 3-5 years.
- Strong credit acceptance experience and, ability to effectively analyze, write and recommend large accounts to credit committees.
- Account management experience, which includes underwriting of large loan requests, credit analysis, and monitoring credit performance.
- Ability to travel approx 10%.
- Ability to use Moody’s Risk Analyst or other financial spreadsheet analysis tools. Microsoft Office (Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint), plus intranet and internet functions.
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or business/management discipline or equivalent in education and/or experience.
- Experience writing and presenting credit to audiences of varying levels.
- Experience in wholesale credit, collections and/or asset management and remarketing.
- Supervisory experience, which includes placement, work direction, coaching, and performance management.
- Bilingual (French), preferred.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.