Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Manages unit human resources processes and activities and acts as unit lead in all areas of human resources. This position will partner with unit business management on HR related matters and work in conjunction with HR shared services to facilitate the resolution of employee issues. It will also play an integral part in the development and implementation of unit HR strategic and tactical planning. This position will be responsible for supervising the unit HR Representative. This position is located in the Burlington office.
- Provides guidance and counsel on the interpretation and application of human resources (HR) strategy to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Promotes the John Deere core values and HR function philosophy.
- Provides tactical support and advice to meet the strategic needs of the business leader.
- Manages the delivery of HR operations support. Acts as a single point of HR contact for an assigned business leader. Works with the global network that supports the provision of HR services to the business leader.
- Ensures alignment to HR Shared Services regarding the identification, development, coaching and placement of key talent.
- Supports employee development activities including succession planning, leadership development, career development, performance management and other employee development processes.
- Serves as lead resource to managers and employees regarding HR policies and procedures, including coaching managers in performance improvement activities with their employees.
- Facilitates the resolution of employee issues and creates a positive working environment by effectively addressing HR related issues.
- Manages employee communications, assisting with employee meetings, and other such activities to communicate with employees on relevant topics.
- Manages compliance with legal requirements.
- Provides direction and guidance to a direct report.
What It Takes
- Experience in Human Resources which would include exposure to multiple facets of HR such as employee relations, talent management, recruiting, employee development and training, performance management, recognition, compensation, benefits and health and safety.
- Prior leadership experience with exposure to the types of issues that would be handled by a lead unit HR role.
- A good understanding of Canadian employment law.
- Ability to effectively provide coaching and counsel to employees and managers on diverse matters.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix, global organization.
- Ability to develop solutions in conjunction with HR shared services.
- Ability to effectively deliver written and verbal employee communications.
- The ability to initiate and manage HR projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide work direction to staff.
- Ability to travel occasionally, including international travel.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office, plus intranet and internet functions.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or the Social Sciences field or the equivalent in education and/or experience.
- CHRP designation.
- Supervisory experience.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.