Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
To support development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, including extensive customer business plans, for incremental dealer and/or direct sales to high potential strategic governmental, national and/or rental customer accounts in the public and/or private sectors. Negotiates the structure and implementation of purchasing agreements/contracts with executive level management. Provides extensive customer relationship management through development of unique customer solutions. This position is located in the Grimsby office.
- Implement effective sales and marketing strategies that are national in scope, delivering 150-200 units sales annually (through our dealer organization), while generating a minimum of $40M equipment sales revenues.
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships by understanding their unique needs through development and execution of customer business plans.
- Develops and implements preferred/exclusive customer purchasing agreements and contracts, including response to Request For Proposal/Project(RFP)s, as appropriate.
- Develops and implements targeted marketing initiatives, generating incremental sales e.g. demo strategy.
- Manages after sale support activities, to ensure long term, profitable customer relationships.
- Serves as a single point of contact that coordinates internal and dealer resources, to make it easier for customer(s) to do business with John Deere.
- Initiates customer activities/events to facilitate new customer relationships across company divisions, as appropriate, that forge a long term customer alliance.
- Prospects, identifies, evaluates and recommends assignment of new customer accounts through analysis of market trends and making new customer contact, as required.
What It Takes
- Sales and Marketing skills, specifically with national accounts.
- Demonstrated negotiating and selling skills.
- Knowledge of Construction & Forestry (C&F) products and aftersales services.
- Knowledge of C&F equipment Dealers and other distribution channels.
- Skills in interpersonal communications and conflict resolution.
- Retail sales experience.
- Customer Relationship Management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data base management software applications.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50-60%.
- Degree in Business/Management, Marketing or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- General understanding of financial principles.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.