Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Grow the usage of finance products and portfolio balances for the Northern Ontario territory. Works with dealers, customers and merchants to arrange and structure financing of products and services provided to customers within the Deere channel or through independent merchants. Support parts, service or dealer development. Demonstrates leadership and mentoring or participates in special projects. This is a field position with a preferred location in either Sudbury or Timmins.
- Utilize effective selling, negotiating, and overall communication and relationship management skills with equipment company personnel, dealers and customers (channel partners) to maintain or increase the capture rate of their retail, lease and revolving business with John Deere Financial (“JDF”) products.
- Assist the equipment company and dealers in growing John Deere market share and reaching a level of sustained profitability. Creates a high degree of alignment with channel partners by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with dealers, the equipment division, and customers.
- Serves as liaison between JDF and the dealer channel/customer in resolving issues that arise and maintains a positive business relationship between channel partners, Dealer Management, and JDF.
- Actively participates and provide insight and solutions to the dealer business planning process.
- Employ a deep customer focus towards the channels customers in the territory, so as to better understand customer needs and drive more sales of JD products.
- Structures complex financial solutions for our dealers to help increase their market share and profitability. Deliver meaningful training to channel partners, company employees and customers in order to improve product knowledge and selling effectiveness of others.
What It Takes
- Bilingual (french), both oral and written.
- Knowledge of dealers/merchants/alliance partners, finance programs and products.
- Knowledge of the Construction and Forestry industry (markets, products, competitors, customers, distribution trends).
- Strong financial acumen and ability to apply this knowledge to provide credit solutions and structures.
- Understanding of credit products or services and policies.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% including overnight stays in the territory and elsewhere, as required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint), plus intranet and internet functions.
- Experience working in the finance industry.
- Solid sales experience, preferably within a John Deere unit or division.
- Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network, geographic area of responsibility, and broad product knowledge.
- University Degree in a Business/Management discipline or equivalent experience.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.