Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Each piece of agricultural, industrial, and turf equipment has hundreds of parts making it possible to undertake tough jobs globally. By being the leader of aftermarket tractor, combine and turf parts, our products help keep them all running. In addition, high technology enables Sunbelt and A&I Products to provide services like pricing, system support, forecasting, planning and analysis to all of our distributors. Thanks to our aftermarket parts, our customers know that when they need their agricultural, industrial, and turf machines to work - they will.
What You’ll Do
As a Manager Parts Depot for the All-Makes Division of John Deere in Rock Island, IL you will be responsible for insuring company policies and procedures are followed. In addition you will:
- Develop and achieve unit objectives that are in alignment with division and company objectives.
- Develop and manage capital and operating budgets to support the unit.
- Develop and manage unit manpower plan.
- Develop a positive working environment for unit staff.
- Lead continuous improvement projects including Safety, Employee relations, commitment to quality, lowering distribution cost.
- Develop positive relationships with business partners and community representatives.
- Schedule and coordinate export shipments with other units.
- Training and development of employees.
- Continue to improve and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate local supplier agreements supporting unit operations.
- Manage inventory of materials within unit.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology discipline or equivalent experience. In addition we require:
- 4 years of Supervision experience.
- Knowledge of distribution processes, shipping, quality, project planning, total preventative maintenance and facilities.
- Good understanding of employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the Unit.
- 2 years Project Management experience.
- 2 years working knowledge of operating system SAP.
A strong candidate will also have:
- 4 years experience in budgeting, forecasting and scheduling.
- 4 years demonstrated team leadership and mentoring experience.
- 4 years experience in the use of statistical tools and techniques for quality management.
What You’ll Get
At Sunbelt and A&I Products, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Sunbelt and A&I Products requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.