Thank you for your interest in learning more about Rockwell Automation employment. We encourage you to apply to positions that align with your background.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below and join our Talent Network. Rockwell Automation may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment opportunities.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at Rockwell Automation.
The computer software specialist co-op position offers many opportunities for a student to use the knowledge and skills learned at school in a practical setting. The student will provide support and assistance to application engineers working on software development and IT systems design.
During the internship the student will help in the development of computer based solutions ranging from executable to webserver applications. These solutions will be used by internal corporate clients around the globe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and daily tasks of this position include:
• Assist in the creation of executable software.
• Assist in the creation of websites and webserver applications
• Assist in the creation of database and database reports
• Assist in the automation of IT tasks such as backup, system monitoring, virtualization, etc.
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution studying engineering (electrical, information technologies, or other related discipline) with a 75% average or higher
• Proficient in Visual Studio C# programing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to apply knowledge and experience to standard and unique projects and formulate solutions with some instruction
• Ability to see the end goal of a project and stay focused to work towards it
Permanently eligible to work in the location you applied for