Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
At John Deere, operations is directly responsible for producing equipment that helps feed and clothe people around the world. Here, production supervisors have the opportunity to apply their team–building and problem–solving skills, coordinate product launches and serve as liaisons between union and salaried workers. In operations, change is a constant with the introduction of new products, the implementation of new technology and the recruitment of additional team members to keep pace with our continuing growth.
***This posting is for 2 positions (one 2nd shift and one 3rd shift). ***
What You'll Do
John Deere Des Moines Works in Ankeny, IA is seeking a Material Coordinator to control inventory and shop floor job availability by working lights as defined, working kanban board, special ordering parts as required, and expediting as necessary to maintain availability. You will increase department inventory accuracy by the cleanup of zcogi records, executing kanban and MB1B fills, minimizing old inventory charges, and making inventory adjustments as required. In addition, you will:
- Manage the daily schedule of Material Replenishment Planning (MRP) requirements to the shop floor for accurate wage reporting.
- Work your missing parts reports, and communicate reporting errors to the team leader of the area for correction.
- Analyze and resolve problems in SAP, such as misreporting parts and incorrect routings and tracking points.
- Inform production teams and team leaders on a weekly basis of past due, current service requirements, and intra-factory requirements so that the factory can meet its 98% service fill rate.
- Inform Team Leader of service part requirements that are available to run. For those service part requirements that are not available to run, identify the part shortage, the supplying Desk/Department, and the latest promised delivery date. For all FLASH orders, communicate to the Team Leader as quickly as possible the availability of completing the requirement in order to facilitate the Team Leader meeting the delivery promise of 24 hours.
- Analyze current service requirements to determine if action needs to be placed to move or cancel. Make the request to the appropriate PC Supervisor.
- Using SAP reports, identify inventory with no 52 week requirements, and aged inventory in storage locations to actively reduce surplus material.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in a Business/Management, Engineering, or Supply Management discipline or equivalent experience. In addition, we require:
- Ability to communicate effectively with both wage and salaried employees, and to determine and analyze issues and problems.
- Ability to plan thoroughly to execute consistently and be able to make sound decisions.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Ability and willingness to work off-shift and some overtime and/or weekend hours, as needed.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Working knowledge of the SAP or MRP system.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time, Material Flow concepts, or inventory control. Knowledge of kanban and other delivery methods.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly and product development as they relate to wage positions.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
*** No relocation benefits are available for this position. ***
What You'll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction.
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.