Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Through consistent operational excellence in business performance, we help ensure the success of new and existing products. Fully engaged in the present, but with an eye to the future, our innovative team continually implements practices that help redefine the leading edge. This effort includes our Achieving Excellence program, which promotes continuous improvement and strengthens supplier relationships.
What You'll Do
As a Supply Base Manager – Aftertreatment Components for John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) located in Waterloo, IA you will be responsible for developing a sourcing strategy for aftertreatment (AT) and present status updates to key stakeholder on a regular basis. You will develop and issue requests for quotation for AT systems and components based on approved sourcing strategy.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the Global Strategic Sourcing Process and manage supplier relationships for the AT commodities (EGR coolers, EGR valves and exhaust throttles).
- Implement Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) processes on components of responsibility including negotiation and execution of product Development Agreements.
- Analyze supplier proposals using total acquisition cost and decision analysis methodologies, develop and implement negotiation strategies, and make final supplier selection and business award.
- Negotiate and implement Long Term Agreements (LTA) with suppliers. Execute LTA provisions including annual price changes, exchange rate adjustments, and warranty reimbursement.
- Execute tooling purchase order (PO), price change request, replenishment forms, etc. Negotiate production pricing, prototype pricing, cost reductions, non-reoccurring expense, warranty reimbursement, development fees, delivery times, MOQs, tooling costs, etc.
- Manage high level relationship between Deere and critical suppliers.
- Facilitate Deere cross-functional team in rating of suppliers against the Achieving Excellence criteria and communication of performance ratings to the supply base.
- Develop and lead execution of Achieving Excellence improvement plans to close identified gaps.
What It Takes
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, a Supply Management discipline or equivalent experience.
We also require:
- Strong team building, financial analysis, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to create a long range strategic sourcing plan to support future market and regulatory environment.
- Strong understanding of EPDP and Order Fulfillment Process.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% (domestic/international), based on business needs.
A strong candidate will also have:
- 5 years experience working in supply management, engineering or quality.
- 5 years of experience managing a supplier or customer relationship.
- Strong understanding of diesel engine technology and emissions standards.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.