Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
John Deere Des Moines Works in Ankeny, IA is seeking an Engineering Analyst to provide team leadership through coordinating and performing Parts Data Management (PDM) and specification work throughout the unit. This includes training, resolving issues, diagnosing problems and recommending corrective actions. You will evaluate and recommend methods to improve service support from suppliers related to improving service parts and parts catalog delivery, engineering communications, field support, managing engineering record reciprocity and accuracy of supplier specification documents. In addition, you will:
- Participate in the development and implementation of improved Part Data Management (PDM) and specification processes to include evaluating service parts proliferation, expedition of parts for new product introductions and discontinued products.
- Serve as a lead for assigned Specification Analyst or cProject Analyst.
- Approve miscellaneous requests for non-Change Control required changes including PDP BOM, compare notifications, maintain experimental machines and prepare Engineering Product Model Configuration changes.
- Audit Global and Local ECMs content and documentation, including PDM created attributes for accuracy and standardization.
- Perform local tasks from cProject workflow including Extending Rev Level Table, maintaining Manufacturing Bill of Materials, and adopting new local-only materials.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a degree in a Business/Management or technical discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience. In addition, we require:
- Strong decision making skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel).
A strong candidate will also have:
- PDM and SAP systems knowledge.
- Experience with cProjects.
- Knowledge of Product Delivery Process (PDP) programs.
- General knowledge in engineering principles, theory and practice.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.