Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As our global business grows, so does the need for communications professionals. Whether in the factory or unit environment or at the company’s world headquarters, John Deere needs individuals who can convey a clear and concise message to employees, shareholders and the general public. Communication opportunities can range from management positions to Communication Specialist or Translation Specialist.
What You'll Do
As the Lead Gold Key and Guest Tour Coordinator for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, IA, you will serve as the lead coordinator of Gold Key and Gold Key experience tours. In this position, you will work with the dealer network and customers in scheduling Gold Key tours, as well as work with the lines on the scheduling of the equipment with the visit.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Serve as the primary scheduler of tour guides for Waterloo Operations to assure appropriate number of tour guides available to accommodate the group size and/or meet the group or customer profile.
- Prepare tour guide work schedules ensuring appropriate number of tour guides are available for scheduled tours.
- Compile data necessary to prepare files or create standard and special reports using defined formats.
- Perform office administrative duties including correspondence, invoicing, filing, and reporting.
- Maintain complex database that tracks number and profiles of visitors and tour groups, inquiries and facilities' inventory.
- Serve as the key contact for inquiries and requests regarding group tours and customer visits to the Waterloo Works.
- Analyze feedback from tour groups/visitors to assess the John Deere experience.
- Act as the Company representative during factory tours and events.
- Train tour guides on tour routes and appropriate information to provide guests.
- Serve as the key contact for inquiries and requests regarding group tours and customer visits to the John Deere.
What It Takes
This position requires an excellent communicator who thrives in a team environment and can build productive relationships at all levels of personnel. Ideally, you will have an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or a similar discipline in a related field. In addition, we require:
- Strong customer focus, scheduling/organization skills, and professional aptitude.
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer-oriented environment, with administrative responsibilities.
- Good people and negotiation skills.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels.
- Brand management skills.
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style.
- Knowledge of customer service procedures and systems.
- Successful negotiating and selling skills.
- Experience with SAP.
*** No relocation benefits are available for this position. ***
What You'll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.