Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Each piece of John Deere equipment has hundreds of parts making it possible to undertake tough jobs globally. Our Worldwide Parts Division helps keep them all running. Comprehensive management and distribution of parts inventory and materials is vital to the success of our customers and our company. In addition, high technology enables the Parts Division to provide services like pricing, system support, forecasting, planning and analysis to all of Deere's equipment divisions. Thanks to John Deere parts, our customers know that when they need their John Deere machines to work - they will.
At John Deere, operations is directly responsible for producing equipment that helps feed and clothe people around the world. Here, production supervisors have the opportunity to apply their team–building and problem–solving skills, coordinate product launches and serve as liaisons between union and salaried workers. In operations, change is a constant with the introduction of new products, the implementation of new technology and the recruitment of additional team members to keep pace with our continuing growth.
What You’ll Do
As Coordinator Off-Site Packaging Operations for John Deere in Milan, IL, you will perform methods engineering, based on corporate guidelines, on the initial receipt of all service parts, to determine how parts should be packaged. In addition you will:
- Perform daily packaging audits.
- Investigate, coordinate and resolve receiving problems, and related inquiries, at the off-site packaging operations. This includes researching missing and or incorrect purchase order and part number information.
- Communicate with suppliers, factory supply management, and NA-PDC Customer Service personnel.
- Monitor the processing of expedite orders.
- Ensure that parts are delivered on schedule to meet established goals.
- Investigate and resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Performs transactions to adjust inventory.
- Analyze, summarize and disperse information to off-site management.
- Assist off-site packaging operations with the processing of Return Goods Authorization (RGA) parts.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelors Degree in: Industrial Engineering, Methods, Packaging, Manufacturing or Warehousing and Distribution Logistics. In addition we require:
- 1 years of experience in a Packaging Operations environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
A strong candidate will also have:
- Exposure to SAS programming, DB2 queries, VBA, and SQL.
- Awareness of the following business processes: receiving, packaging, storage and shipping.
- Familiarity with agriculture equipment.
- Skill in using company information host systems (WCS, Recon, DNS).
***No relocation benefits are available for this position. ****
What You’ll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction.
Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.