|Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. The company helps customers across a wide range of end markets achieve a competitive advantage for their businesses through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services.|
With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use industrial automation, information technology, and intelligent motor control to meet their productivity objectives. Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation and its roughly 20,000 employees to deliver industry solutions in more than 80 countries around the world.
|To learn more about Rockwell Automation, please visit us at www.rockwellautomation.com|
POSITION TITLE: Senior Automation & Controls Engineer
POSITION REPORTS TO: Team Leader/ Manager, Global Solutions - SSB
LOCATION: Cambridge or Brampton, Ontario, Canada
• Strong technical and interpersonal skills as they relate to automation and processes.
• Primary responsibilities include software engineering & programming, design, testing, start-up & commissioning, troubleshooting, and preparation of documentation including functional specifications, drawings & Bill of Material.
• Additional responsibilities include Sales & Business Development support, interfacing with the project team, PM & customers to provide guidance on automation systems, maintenance or enhancement of the engineering business system and post shipment follow-up with field personnel or customers engaged in start up and commissioning of equipment or systems. Occasional travel may be required.
• Follow good engineering practices that result in product configurations and designs consistent with customer needs, relevant safety codes and Rockwell Automation standards
• Design and direct the development of methodologies that contribute to operational excellence
• Review customer documents, specifications and other relevant literature to ensure project requirements are met
• Has increasing authority to make decisions based on professional knowledge, that directly affects business results
• Prepare electrical elementary and layout drawings, Bill of Material, order documentation, post start-up and final documentation.
• Design and program system software; including coordination with third party software.
• Integrate, test, commission and support systems on various projects
• Accountable for less defined assignments that require identification of objectives, resources and approaches
• Assist Business Development in the preparation of proposal estimates or specifications.
• Travel to meet with customers, consultants, contractors and other parties to define and finalize order specifications and scope of supply
• Travel to the customer’s site to provide engineering and technical support during system equipment testing, start-up and commissioning
• Participate in the review and evaluation of equipment and software designs prior to release for manufacturing.
• Engage in the development of methodologies that contribute to excellence in execution
• Engage in continuous learning to ensure knowledge and competency remains current
• Actively contribute to continuous improvement and engage in professional development
• Identifies, researches, analyzes and implements quality and process improvement ideas that may affect multiple functional areas
• Significantly contributes to team efforts by providing technical / process expertise and guidanceEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent or BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with an electrical/ controls focus
• P.Eng. Professional Engineer designationEXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 10 years technical experience in an electrical & controls engineering environment
• PLC & HMI, must be experienced in Motion controls programming
• Understanding of project management processes
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Advanced Skills - AutoCAD , Microsoft Office
• Experience in a leadership / decision making role
• Rockwell Automation product experience is an assetThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
"2013 Rockwell Automation Named One of World’s Most Ethical Companies for fifth time"
Meet us. See what we do. Learn more about a company that will Listen. Think. Solve.