|Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. The company helps customers across a wide range of end markets achieve a competitive advantage for their businesses through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services.|
With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use industrial automation, information technology, and intelligent motor control to meet their productivity objectives. Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation and its roughly 20,000 employees to deliver industry solutions in more than 80 countries around the world.
|To learn more about Rockwell Automation, please visit us at www.rockwellautomation.com|
Rockwell Automation’s (RA) Systems and Global Solutions Business is seeking a Senior Estimator to join our Alberta Oil & Gas automation team.
The successful candidate will work with our engineering, project management, sales and business development teams to develop estimates, responses to RFQs and comprehensive proposal packages for internal stakeholder and client review.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for all aspects of proposal generation, including establishing scope of work, estimating engineering work hours required to complete projects, coordinating and monitoring input from various stakeholders (client, Sales, 3rd party suppliers, distribution channel partners etc.).
The incumbent will be accountable for ensuring proposals are delivered on time, and meet the quality requirements of our clients and internal stakeholders.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Prior experience with estimating work hours and material components for automation & control projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Extensive experience in working directly with customers to gather the technical information required to develop engineering estimates.
• Technical experience with automation and control systems engineering, industrial power systems engineering, engineered solution development and application delivery.
• Experience with estimating of project man-hours, proposal authoring and managing the proposal team’s technical resources to a schedule.
• Familiarity with Rockwell automation control systems and softwareREQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Degree/diploma in Engineering/Technology (Electrical, Process, Automation) or equivalent field experience.
• 10+ years of experience in real-time control systems project implementation, control system design and/or estimating
• Strong command of English Language (both written and verbal) is essential.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong multi-tasking capabilities, and able to work well under pressure to meet time-critical deadlines
• Fluent in Microsoft Office and Windows operating systems.
• Willingness to travel within Alberta up to 15% of the time.
• Experience in Alberta Oil and Gas applications will be considered first.ADDITIONAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
Further skills and capabilities which will benefit interested candidates include:
• PLC and/or DCS experience including all phases of project design, execution and commissioning.
• Ability to read P&ID drawings.
• Understanding of interface protocols to connected systems such as Modbus TCP and RTU.
• HMI and SCADA application experience.
• Current experience with Ethernet Network configurations required for industrial control applications.
• Experience with Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s), Site Acceptance Tests (SAT’s), and full commissioning and startup experience.
• Familiarity with many aspects of systems integration, including PLC, HMI, instrumentation, networking, communication, power distribution.
• Understanding of project management fundamentals.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
"2013 Rockwell Automation Named One of World’s Most Ethical Companies for fifth time"
Meet us. See what we do. Learn more about a company that will Listen. Think. Solve.