Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
As a Drive Train Component PDP Quality Engineer for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, IA you will follow the quality strategy for Drive Train components for new product programs (NPP). In addition, you will:
- Engage in applying/leading Product Delivery Process (PDP) quality activities (FGR, PFMEA, DPAR, ISIR, Control Plans, Gage R&R, Capability Studies) and provide weekly reports on the status of each.
- Analyze and communicate process capability results with the process stakeholders utilizing Infinity SPC, Excel and Statistica.
- Investigate component quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes, gather and analyze data, resolve/facilitate resolution and implement corrective action.
- Create and manage all Drive Train component NCCAs, part deviations and any resulting action Items.
- Follow start dates that are necessary for quality planning tasks to be completed for successful pre-production and limited production builds. This also includes networking with manufacturing engineering to ensure that the running of parts stays true to those start dates.
- Coordinate experimental part and limited production build (LPB) inspections with the DTO Inspection Supervisor and inspectors for 100% on-time cProjects task completion and communication with Design Engineering during EPDP. This includes verifying that all unmitigated product risks relating to DT Components are identified, recorded, and managed to resolution, within the specified timeframe in support of JD-QPS PBE (Performance Based Evaluation).
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator with excellent organizational skills who thrives on solving problems and working in an industrial environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management, Engineering/Technology, Science, Math or equivalent work experience in a related field. In addition, we require:
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated root cause analysis skills.
- Experience using standard quality tools such as DPAR (Design, Process and Assembly Review), FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Root Cause Analysis, Statistics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Project management skills and strong interpersonal skills (ability to influence without authority).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and fixturing.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
A strong candidate will also have:
- 2 years of experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, reliability, design, manufacturing, quality.
- Project management experience on complex projects.
- 2 years of experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- ASQ certifications
- Experience with M&M inspection equipment, gear geometry and CMM Inspection data.
- Experience with Heat Treatment, Cast Iron machining, Foundry processes, Casting metrology.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.