Thank you for your interest in learning more about Rockwell Automation employment. We encourage you to apply to positions that align with your background.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below and join our Talent Network. Rockwell Automation may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment opportunities.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at Rockwell Automation.
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Senior Test Engineer will participate in and lead the development and execution of functional tests for Logix Controllers and systems.
Responsibilities will include test case development, test planning, scheduling and execution for controller features and regression tests.
The Senior Test Engineer will typically be part of a feature project team as a single functional test resource as well as a test team responsible for testing a large Logix feature.
Review functional specifications, design documents and other development documents to gain information and understanding of features and products to aid in the development of test artifacts.
Provide feedback and insight to development teams designing Logix products on requirements and testability.
Develop test plans, test specifications and testware for features and products.
Participate in the review of other testers’ test cases and testware.
Ensure that all developed testware is automated, follows testing standards, and documented.
Provide work estimates and status reports for the test effort. Maintain adequate interaction with the project manager and project team members to ensure that currently assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
May lead and coordinate part or all of the testing effort for a project. This usually requires development and tracking of a test plan and test schedule as well as the reporting of test results.
Understand and apply department processes and procedures. Participate in the development and modification of processes as required.
Continually develop skills and knowledge in job related technical or professional expertise
Represent the test function on a project team providing technical leadership for functional test
Respond constructively to changing requirements and priorities
Contribute to successful execution of new initiatives and projects by fulfilling responsibilities
May mentor Associate Test Engineer and/or Test Engineer.
Effectively communicates complex information verbally and in writing.
Ability to convey thoughts and opinions to others with differing points of view.
Leverages own expertise by sharing lessons learned, documenting processes, conducting team de-briefs, etc.
Adheres to policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, ethics, and conflicts of interest and completes annual training in same.
Accountable for keeping commitments and maintaining standards
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with concentration in software; or equivalent knowledge in the areas of software engineering (software requirements analysis, software design, software testing).
• Typically requires 5-7 years experience in embedded software/software testing (preferably) or embedded software development, applications engineering, or technical support with demonstrated leadership
• Working knowledge of software test methodologies required. Experience with automated test tools is beneficial.
• Experience managing traceability between requirements and test cases and with requirements management tools is desired.
• Multiple years experience using industrial automation software products, especially Rockwell Software products, is required. Seeking a candidate with industrial automation application development experience.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a team member required. Record of completing projects at a high rate of productivity required.
• Must exhibit good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience programming with scripting languages such as Python required
• Experience testing highly integrated software products is highly desirable, as well as experience in debugging and troubleshooting network protocols.