Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Monitor, plan and provide supervision to attain desired performance results for both the customer and the business. These include productivity, quality, efficiency, safety, cycle time and customer service. This position is located in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Monitor, plan and provide supervision to warehouse employees on your assigned shift to attain desired performance results for both the customer and the business. These include productivity, quality, efficiency, safety, cycle time and customer service.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve various system, part, people or process issues to correct deficiencies, reduce costs and improve processes/performance.
- Continually monitor and analyze workloads to meet business needs.
- Work with all daily contacts and support areas to attain agreeable and best solutions to problems and improvements.
- Work with wage reports to provide guidance, help remove roadblocks, provide feedback and support and assist them to achieve high level results and satisfaction consistent with division goals and metrics.
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Ensure all safety standards and regulations are met and enforced to prevent and eliminate injuries.
- Work with and promote the Continuous Improvement (CI) Grow process.
- Manage and control costs to stay within the department operating budget targets.
What It Takes
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to large work group.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict, as well as motivate and coach employees in a quality and production focused application.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/train/support wage employees.
- Ability and willingness to rotate Supervision shifts on a weekly basis.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when required during the regular work week and on the occasional Saturday.
- Ability to interpret data/reports in support of improving operational metrics.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/duties on a daily basis.
- Experience in a warehouse environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft products including: Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Previous supervisory experience (preferably of wage personnel).
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Business Management).
- Safety certificates/training.
- Leadership and/or Coaching training.
- Experience with incentive pay systems such as CIPP (Continuous Improvement Pay Plan) and work measurement.
- Experience with inventory management systems.
- Use of Deere Production Systems.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and scheduling.
- Understanding of employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Experience in administering safety programs
- Knowledge of the 5S (Kaizen) criterion to support a safe and organized workplace.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.