Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
Performs highly-complex clerical accounting duties involving routine and non-routine calculations and analysis, reconciliations, verifications, and postings. Ensures accuracy and validity in the accounting processes while working independently. This position is located in Nisku, Alberta (John Deere Reman).
- Maintains and processes accounting transactions to assist with accurate financial reporting.
- Reconciles the more complex accounts, identifies discrepancies found, and provides the corrective action to be taken.
- Communicates with others within the department or outside of the work area (employees, customers, suppliers) in order to exchange information and to answer questions or resolve issues.
- Responsible for performing the majority of the month end closing activities and preparing financial exhibits.
- Prepares various financial reports.
- May provide work direction to others in the department.
What It Takes
- Understanding of the Accounting fundamentals, such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgets, etc.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office plus intranet and internet functions.
- Ability to use various department specific computer programs (SAP, Advanced Excel skills, Outlook, Word)
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in accounting, finance and audit.
- Experience in a manufacturing/factory setting.
- SAP experience.
- University degree in Business/Management/Accounting/Finance discipline or equivalent experience.
In accordance with the John Deere Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon the Company receiving a satisfactory criminal background check report prior to the start date, as well as educational verification (proof of highest level of education) and proof of the legal right to work in Canada (e.g. birth certificate, work permit).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An equal opportunity employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.