Thank you for your interest in learning more about Rockwell Automation employment. We encourage you to apply to positions that align with your background.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below and join our Talent Network. Rockwell Automation may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment opportunities.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at Rockwell Automation.
Open to considering position in major US cities.
The Model Based Control & Optimization Sales Lead is responsible for direct sales of Rockwell Automation’s Pavilion MPC Software solutions, as well as Rockwell Software’s other portfolio products & solutions within the assigned District. The Model Based Control & Optimization Sales Lead is responsible for the development and execution of sales strategy and actitvities associated with targeted Software sales campaigns. Daily activities will include collaboration with the District sales management team as well as utilizing the District resources (technical experts, sales engineers etc). to execute both the District and RA Software sales plans.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Achieve RA Software Sales Targets:
1. Develop and manage a combined sales pipeline of Pavilion MPC and other Rockwell Automation Solutions of $4M by end of the first year
2. Close $400K in Rockwell Software’s Pavilion MPC Solution Bookings by end of the first year
3. Close $400K in District Synergy Bookings by end of the first year
4. Coordinate the district sales resources involved in executing identified sales campaigns
5. Drive “value based” sales process throughout the district sales campaigns
6. Coordinate internal RA Software resources (professional services, project management, executives etc.)
7. Prepare and develop customer proposals
8. Assist in the development of project scope and ROI analysis
9. Lead Generation and follow-up
10. Accurate forecasting and pipeline management
11. Leverage District sales resources for target opportunity identification and access
Develop & Manage Mutually Beneficial Relationship with Assigned District:
1. Develop and gain consensus on District’s Software business plan, within 90 days of position acceptance, which includes:
i. Critical success factors in meeting sales goals and executing the business plan
ii. Target accounts that support commercial plans, product/solution launches and sales gaps
iii. Developmental training plans needed to successfully execute programs
iv. Collaborate with Software marketing to produce market analysis and target account identification
v. Drive marketing campaigns and lead generation activities in the district
2. Serve as the primary liaison between customers, district sales team members and RA software to ensure efficient and effective communications and information flow from sales and pipeline development activities
3. Provide formal monthly status reports to district sales management which include forecast, pipeline and activity summary information
4. Conduct district product and sales process training
5. Responsible for providing feedback to regional and software Commercial Marketing and the Business Unit on existing and future commercial programs and sales tools
6. Share best practices with the Regional Marketing Organization
1. Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
2. Conducts tasks in accordance with the applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and (state/federal laws) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
Minimum of 5 years of related experience working in industry and in direct sales of software solutions with proven track record of success. Experience driving complex value based sales campaigns.. Bachelor of Science Engineering, other related technical field or equivalent experience.
Competencies & Skills
Value based selling skills
Strong leadership skills
Understanding of complete products/solutions offering
Strong business acumen
Strong communicator both written and oral
Understands RA sales process
Proven influence Skills
Broad industry knowledge
Understanding of competitors and general product offering