Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You’ll Do
As a Manufacturing Engineer for John Deere Waterloo Works you will support daily production for drive train components including transmissions and axles. In addition you will:
- Provide safe and ergonomic assembly process which includes material handling, line design, tooling and fixtures.
- Establish and support a 5S and visual factory environment on the shop floor.
- Conduct process audits and verify that the documentation reflects the process that is being executed on the shop floor.
- Lead the engineering change process for assembly including method, equipment and overall production readiness.
- Identify mistake proofing requirements for implementation to the shop floor. Maintain control of the process to ensure that it results in defect free product. Lead efforts to troubleshoot and resolve production process, machine, and quality issues.
- Lead the analysis of process flow and manufacturing cell design in accordance with the JD Quality and Production System guidelines.
- Lead efforts in creating routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations which will enable the Continuous Improvement Pay Plan (CIPP). Innovate and implement cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas.
- Lead team studies related to capacity, productivity and efficiency.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator who thrives on solving complex problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Ag, Industrial) or equivalent relevant work experience. In addition we require:
- 4 years of shop floor work experience, including Industrial Engineering.
- Exposure to line design processes.
- Tool and fixture design experience.
- Experience with: ProE, AutoCAD, VisMockup.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interface with production and salary employees.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
A strong candidate will also have:
- A solid understanding of precision assembly processes, specifically around drive train and hydraulic components.
- Experience with shop floor manufacturing incentive pay systems.
- Previous project management experience of medium scope.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.