Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
What You’ll Do
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff, and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule. Major duties include:
- Maintaining process controls
- Collecting and sharing data to ensuring process are in control
- Creating instruction documentation for shop floor operators
What It Takes
What It Takes
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in a manufacturing or technology discipline; others may qualify. In addition we require:
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Grad date – December 2014 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 and above
- 15 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
A strong candidate will also have:
- Exposure to a manufacturing or foundry environment
- Coursework in industrial engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Part-time employees receive competitive compensation and are eligible for many benefits, including tuition assistance.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.