Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Financial might be just the place for you. We're one of the largest equipment finance companies in the U.S. for agricultural, construction, forestry, lawn and turf care, landscaping, commercial, and consumer equipment purchases, as well as revolving credit and operating loans. We're continually growing to serve customers around the globe and in many industries, providing retail, wholesale, and lease financing solutions that fit their business needs.
*This is a pooling req used to gather candidates for a possible future position.
**Upon successful completion of the Field Sales Development Program, relocation would be required to a Field Territory**
What You'll Do
At John Deere Financial (JDF) our Field Sales Development Program Associate develops an understanding of credit analysis, financial credit products, services and processes and gains experience in various credit related positions within the company, which will build the basis for success in a field sales position. You will establish a network of people to support personal and profession growth and gain exposure in various areas of JDF. In addition you will:
- Evaluate financial statements and other customer information to make credit decisions on moderately complex, installment and/or leases applications and or higher limit revolving applications according to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Communicate decisions to dealers, merchants, and customers.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with dealers/merchants, equipment division, Territory Finance Managers, and others specific to position.
- Counsel dealer/merchant personnel regarding new marketing and/or product programs.
- Develop and conduct training of dealer/merchant personnel on JDF installment, lease and revolving products as well as credit related systems and processes.
- Travel with Territory Sales Manager (TSM) and other field team members on territory visits and represent JDF at trade shows, conventions, John Deere Branch annual/division, and territory meetings.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or Finance and/or experience in credit, accounting, or finance. In addition we require:
- Willingness to travel and relocate to any JDF sales territory.
- Experience with sales and negotiations.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with multiple projects, requests, etc.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Basic knowledge or experience in agriculture and/or construction.
- Sales, field sales, or marketing support experience.
What You'll Get
We remain on the leading edge by providing competitive benefits & rewards that respond to the diverse lifestyles of our people and an ever-changing world. View our Total Rewards Package
details to learn more. We offer a comprehensive relocation package to help you get started on your new career path.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.