Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services for agriculture, forestry, construction, lawn and turf care, landscaping and irrigation. John Deere also provides financial services worldwide and manufactures and markets engines used in heavy equipment. An emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement make John Deere a great place to work.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You’ll Do
As an Software Developer for John Deere in Urbandale, IA, you will develop web and service applications for Stellar (in support of My John Deere) utilizing Agile XP technology and business practices. In addition, you will:
- Apply information analysis to assist in the effective integration of data to create business solutions
- Design, develop, test, and integrate applications of high complexity
- Participate in creation of Agile story requirements to meet business requirements
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- 4 years development experience in the following:
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Programming skills necessary to create and maintain web and service based applications
- Application development environments, database design
- Understanding of infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Understanding of website User Interface (UI) and some UI development experience
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with Java frameworks (Spring)
- Familiarity with Agile development process and clean-code principles
- Experience with XP Practices
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Test Automation, and/or Mocks
- Familiarity with REST web services, Maven, Hibernate, and/or IntelliJ/RAD/Eclipse IDE
- Ability to work with complex applications requiring high performance, scalability and testability
- Experience working with offshore development teams
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.