Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Landscapes is the nation’s leading supplier of wholesale irrigation, landscape lighting, nursery and landscape supplies for green industry contractors. With over 400 locations throughout North America, we’re dedicated to becoming the distributor of choice for landscape and irrigation professionals. With our vast array of landscape materials, the Partners Program Business Solutions and value-added services that John Deere Landscapes offers, we’re more than just a supplier. Through John Deere Landscapes and the rest of the Ag & Turf Division, John Deere offers everything needed to operate a landscape business professionally and profitably.
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining associates who possess a positive attitude, a commitment to exceptional customer service, and the knowledge and skills to effectively serve our customers.
What You'll Do
As the Computer Support Associate at our Troy, MI branch you will apply basic technical knowledge in the support of processes or operations using defined scripts or documented procedures. You will monitor a mainframe job network. Additionally, you will:
- Assist with software upgrades installation; routine hardware maintenance --troubleshoot and resolve user problems.
- Maintain equipment and scheduling routine equipment maintenance.
- Document recording and/or distribution information.
- Log statistics on process completion; reporting problems, updating data records, maintaining documentation or procedures, distributing reports.
- Communicate issues via e-mail to branch personnel.
- Create and maintain basic documents/records/files such as: contact lists; process logs; problem incident reports; customer information updates; configuration and utility files; maintenance or other service records.
- Create and maintain purchase orders and inventory for the branch.
- Monitor inventory and order supplies, may interact with suppliers.
- Recognize problems with processes/operations.
- Resolve problems with pre-established and documented solutions and/or make recommendations for improvements to established processes.
- Report problems that fall outside their scope to resolve.
What It Takes
We need an outstanding communicator including writing skills and that has excellent team and relationship building skills. You must have strong problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills. Ideally, you will have at an Associate’s degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent education and experience in computer support. We also require:
- Information Technology experience and/or business experience
- Knowledge of computing and networking concepts and fundamentals.
- Strong computer aptitude with basic office software such as Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and apply new systems knowledge quickly.
A strong candidate will also have:
What You’ll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction. Click here to learn more about the benefits of our Total Rewards
**** Relocation benefits are NOT provided for this position. ****
Join John Deere Landscapes and watch your potential grow!
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business