Why John Deere
John Deere Landscapes is the nation’s leading supplier of wholesale irrigation, landscape lighting, nursery and landscape supplies for green industry contractors. With over 400 locations throughout North America, we’re dedicated to becoming the distributor of choice for landscape and irrigation professionals. With our vast array of landscape materials, the Partners Program Business Solutions and value-added services that John Deere Landscapes offers, we’re more than just a supplier. Through John Deere Landscapes and the rest of the Ag & Turf Division, John Deere offers everything needed to operate a landscape business professionally and profitably.
****Please note: This position is seasonal for approximately 6 months. ****
What You’ll Do
As a Customer Service and Sales Representative at our Elkridge, MD branch you will serve as front-line sales and service support. You will respond to basic questions and complete sales transactions both in- person and over the telephone, ensuring customer satisfaction and retention. Additionally, you will:
- Respond to basic customer questions concerning products and resolve routine customer service issues; escalate more complicated issues to more experienced staff.
- Process sales transactions in-person and over the phone.
- Provide bids and price incoming product and plant material.
- Assist with loading and unloading of trucks
- Assist with inventory spot counts and all forms of inventory control at the branch.
- Maintain cleanliness of the branch, keeping the branch clean and organized at all times and stock work area with all necessary supplies.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator that has exceptional customer service skills and has a passion for customers. You must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and have the capacity to quickly change focus on work activities. Ideally, you will have an Associate’s degree or equivalent education and experience in a customer-service role to perform the job duties. We also require:
- Knowledge of the irrigation products and industry.
- Familiarity with managing product inventory, cycle counting,
- Experience with sales transactions and computer equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. consistently.
- Valid Driver’s license.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Administrative experience such as scheduling, planning, utilizing office equipment and other such clerical activities.
- Experience and/or knowledge of agronomics.
- Experience operating a forklift and/or skid steer.
What You’ll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction. Click here to view benefits of our Total Rewards.
**** Relocation benefits are NOT provided for this position.****
Join John Deere Landscapes and watch your potential grow!
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.