Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Landscapes is the nation’s leading supplier of wholesale irrigation, landscape lighting, nursery and landscape supplies for green industry contractors. With over 400 locations throughout North America, we’re dedicated to becoming the distributor of choice for landscape and irrigation professionals. With our vast array of landscape materials, the Partners Program Business Solutions and value-added services that John Deere Landscapes offers, we’re more than just a supplier. Through John Deere Landscapes and the rest of the Ag & Turf Division, John Deere offers everything needed to operate a landscape business professionally and profitably.
What You’ll Do
As an Outside Sales Representative at the Clifton Park, NY branch you will manage the relationship and sales growth of the existing and potential customer base of branches within Clifton, NY territory. Additionally, you will:
- Assist with development of branch employees.
- Manage sales programs and builds customer relationships in an effort to meet or exceed the established sales objectives
- Support efforts of the Commercial Lead Services (CLS) department in job lead management.
- Communicate, support & manage company sales & marketing programs to the existing and potential customer base within the assigned area or market.
- Assist the customer base in product training, troubleshooting, service issues, etc.
- Assist the Credit Department in procuring necessary customer information in order to facilitate sales.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of the competition, key competitor employees, market size and market conditions and trends.
- Support he industry via participation at local chapter meetings and events and develop a strong working relationship with local suppliers.
- Work closely with the local branch and area management team.
What It Takes
What It Takes
We need an exceptional communicator and sales person with excellent team, relationship and trust building skills. You must have demonstrated experience making decisions independently, has a passion for customers and a drive to produce results. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline or equivalent education and experience in sales to perform the job duties. We also require:
- Demonstrated successful negotiation, marketing and sales skills.
- Knowledge of irrigation and landscape products.
- Understanding of re-wholesaling.
A strong candidate will also have:
- 1 years experience managing local, regional or national accounts.
- Experience in wholesale landscape and irrigation industry.
What You'll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards
Join John Deere Landscapes and watch your potential grow!
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.