Why John Deere
John Deere Financial might be just the place for you. We’re one of the largest equipment finance companies in the U.S. for agricultural, construction, forestry, lawn and turf care, landscaping, commercial, and consumer equipment purchases, as well as revolving credit and operating loans. We’re continually growing to serve customers around the globe and in many industries, providing retail, wholesale, and lease financing solutions that fit their business needs. We’re continually looking for eager professionals who are passionate about the opportunities and rewards of financial services.
If you can effectively use your interpersonal and communication skills, creatively solve problems, embrace technology and be willing to learn, grow and accept challenges, then an administrative or customer service career is a great place to start at John Deere. You will focus on the day–to–day business operations while responding to others’ needs. At the same time, you will build your knowledge of our business processes and partner with John Deere in a lasting, rewarding relationship.
What You’ll Do
As an Administrative Assistant at John Deere Financial in Johnston, IA you will facilitate and organize workflow and routine operations for Information Technology Division Directors, Managers, and Supervisors ensuring that all items requiring follow up action are addressed by appropriate Director, Manager or Supervisor. Additionally, you will:
- Perform general adminisrtion tasks such as:
- Prepare “Position Move Add Changes” (PMAC) for new hires or moves of existing staff.
- Prepare check requests.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the IT department.
- Assist with distribution of interim and monthly newsletters.
- Update seating and organizational charts using Visio/Web,
- Maintain and update distribution list hierarchies.
- Draft and type standard letters, memoranda, and prepare reports from specific instructions and distribute.
- Schedule meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, and maintain appointment calendars on behalf of department Directors, Managers or Supervisors
- Coordinate meeting amenities; assist Directors, Managers and Supervisors and staff with various departmental projects and communications as needed.
- Coordinate and plan IT Divisional Quarterly meetings.
- Schedule and plan onsite educational courses in co-operation with John Deere Learning.
- Manage class registrations and account reconciliation utilizing department credit card.
- Maintain and update established web sites utilizing basic web publishing software applications.
- Monthly Calendar
- IT Contacts/Subject Matter Expert list
What It Takes
We need an outstanding communicator and team player but also can effectively work independently. You must have excellent organizational and time management skills and demonstrate initiative to be self-motivated and push tasks and projects to completion with minimal supervision. Ideally, you will have at a minimum an Associate’s degree or 2-year secretarial certification or equivalent education and experience in an administrative supporting director level management. We also require:
- Expert clerical, data entry and keyboarding skills.
- Strong computer aptitude with basic office software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate to Advanced skills with Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) .
- Experience in writing and/or editing documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience maintaining confidential data.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with Clarity administration and support or equivalent.
- Advanced SharePoint skills.
- Experience with SAP (i.e. Purchase Orders, Supplier Agreements, etc).
What You'll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards.
**** Relocation benefits are NOT provided for this position. ****
If a rewarding career with a recognizable brand name sounds intriguing, then John Deere Financial might be a great fit for you.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.