Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
As the Supplier Quality Engineer with John Deere Des Moines Works in Des Moines, Iowa, you will monitor and facilitate quality activities for Quality planning part approval, verifies manufacturing processes (control plans, assembly instructions) and confirms process capability for purchased parts. In addition, you will:
- Lead warranty reduction projects.
- Use quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria to ensure the identification of quality failure concerns for external manufactured parts and assemblies.
- Investigate unit quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes, gathers and analyzes data, resolves/facilitates resolution, implements corrective action, plus drive prevention actions.
- Investigate product quality problems, determine root cause for quality problems, gather and analyze data and implement corrective action to reduce or eliminate non-value waste resulting from non-conformances, scrap or rework.
- Lead supplier quality change request and complete robust quality planning.
- Conduct/lead audits of new and existing suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and adherence to accepted quality practices.
- Lead all supplier quality planning for Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), Design Process and Assembly Review (DPAR), and Production Park Approval Process (PPAP) documentation.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving complex problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in a Business/Management or Engineering/Math discipline or equivalent experience. Additionally, we require:
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning, and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of standard quality tools such as DPAR, FMEA, SPC (Statistical Process Control), Root Cause Analysis, and statistics.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities.
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style.
A strong candidate will also have:
What You’ll Get
- Experience using of advanced data gathering and analysis techniques including statistical analysis.
- Experience using Deere SAP tools, C projects and processes.
- Knowledge of JDS-G223 John Deere Supplier Quality Manual.
- ASQ certification.
- Knowledge of Des Moines Works products.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.