Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere combines innovation and technology to produce exceptional equipment and services that delight our customers. We are a world leader in providing advanced products and services and are committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land – those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. We make John Deere a great place to work through an emphasis on work-life balance and a values-based culture that encourages professional development and community involvement.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the normal IT functions, but also in areas where IT is being used within our worldwide product development centers, production and services businesses; including throughout our supply chain. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high–performing, cross–functional team, an IT professional at John Deere has opportunity to apply information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You’ll Do
John Deere's Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) Offboard Documentation team is seeking a Senior Software Developer to design and develop farm management software for agricultural customers. In this position, you will:
- Develop high quality software in an aligned and fast paced agile environment.
- Work with team members and partners to plan, execute, monitor and communicate status to achieve deliverables and team commitments to ensure that the overall solution meets or exceeds product specifications.
- Create and evaluate design solutions to optimize performance, quality and cost as well as work with technical leads to make high level design decisions for product line.
- Lead problem resolution activities including root cause, debug, create diagnostic tools and fix complex customer field issues with precision ag data and farm management software.
- Identify and lead organizational improvements in team processes, tools and technologies.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline and/or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- 4 years experience in all of the following:
- .NET, C#, or Java programming
- Object Oriented Design
- Writing unit tests and Test Driven Development
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability and willingness to work 10% non-traditional hours in support of the global development team.
- Ability and willingness to travel to India (once per year).
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with Precision Ag Farm Management software development.
- Good understanding of HTTP and REST.
- Familiarity with Agile Development.
- Design patterns knowledge.
- Experience using Windows Forms.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program
Ready for intense teamwork, ambitious objectives and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.