Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As we make significant capital investments in new technology, our manufacturing engineers have the opportunity to act as project manager in efforts to identify new technology, determining its fit in our business, purchasing equipment, installing it and completing all initial prove–out. After installation, our mechanical engineers are responsible for continuously improving the process.
What You'll Do
As the TPM Coordinator – Drivetrain Operations for John Deere Waterloo Works located in Waterloo, IA, you will plan and coordinate activities for a continuous improvement program and drive a proactive TPM (Total Productive Manufacturing) methodology. In addition, you will:
• Lead the deployment of TPM. Plan, coordinate and organize the required activities to drive OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) improvements that drive improved productivity and output.
• Interact with both wage and salary personnel; utilizing data collection, analysis and facilitation skills.
• Drive a culture of employee engagement through continuous improvement in relationship to machine maintenance, production and overall uptime of machines/equipment.
• Monitor maintenance metrics and data collection to ensure accountability to John Deere Quality Production System standards and provide strategic direction for additional TPM action.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience in a related field. We also require:
• Experience within a Manufacturing environment.
• Skills in coaching, facilitation and leading cross-functional teams to drive continued operational improvement.
• In-depth understanding of manufacturing principles including continuous improvement principles, lean principles, Value Stream Mapping and demand flow concepts to drive OEE improvements.
• Problem solving skills.
• Computer software skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
A strong candidate will also have:
• Experience with Continuous Improvement and/or Kaizen methods.
• Technical and mechanical aptitude, preferably an emphasis within Maintenance.
• TPM/OEE understanding with Parsec software knowledge.
• SAP skills and knowledge.
• Six Sigma or project management certification.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.