Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
John Deere Landscapes is the nation’s leading supplier of wholesale irrigation, landscape lighting, nursery and landscape supplies for green industry contractors. With over 400 locations throughout North America, we’re dedicated to becoming the distributor of choice for landscape and irrigation professionals. With our vast array of landscape materials, the Partners Program Business Solutions and value-added services that John Deere Landscapes offers, we’re more than just a supplier. Through John Deere Landscapes and the rest of the Ag & Turf Division, John Deere offers everything needed to operate a landscape business professionally and profitably.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Customer Service and Sales Representative at our Pineville, NC branch you will serve as front-line sales and service support and will have a broad and expanded knowledge on multiple products. You will resolve escalated issues from less senior team members to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Additionally, you will:
- Complete sales transactions both in- person and over the telephone; recommend substitutions and resolve a variety of customer service issues.
- Perform inside sales activities to support sales generation due to lost sales or new customers.
- Assist manager(s) with routine branch procedures such as deliveries, cycle counts, inventory spot counts, end of day process, etc.
- Proactively contact former, current, and potential customers to generate sales.
- Assist with merchandising and product logistics.
- Coach and assist less experienced staff in meeting expected customer service and satisfaction goals.
- Maintain cleanliness of the branch, keeping the branch clean and organized at all times and stocking the work area with all necessary supplies.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator that has exceptional customer service skills has a passion for customers and has outstanding negotiation and conflict resolution skills. You must have strong teamwork, and team building skills, create trust and demonstrate team leadership abilities. Ideally, you will have an Associate’s degree or equivalent education and 2 years experience in a customer-service role to perform the job duties. We also require:
- 7 years experience in nursery and/or landscape supplies.
- Experience with managing product inventory, cycle counting.
- Strong computer aptitude with the ability to learn and apply new system knowledge quickly.
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly change focus on work activities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs consistently.
- Valid Driver’s license.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Wholesale distribution experience.
- Experience operating a forklift and/or skid steer.
What You’ll Get
With excellent training and development opportunities, our employees can advance their careers as fast and as far as their ambition, skills and competencies allow. Multiple career paths enable our employees to explore their many talents and maximize career satisfaction. Click here to view benefits of our Total Rewards.
**** Relocation benefits are NOT provided for this position. ****
Join John Deere Landscapes and watch your potential grow!
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.