Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Transforming vision into reality is a complex process that requires skill, dedication and teamwork. At John Deere, our manufacturing engineering and operations team is not only up to the task, but are also masters at refining the process for superior quality, speed and efficiency.
What You'll Do
As the Industrial Engineer – Machining for John Deere Waterloo Engine Works located in Waterloo, IA, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of work pay standards for machining operations. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify process efficiency improvements.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste.
- Support continuous improvement process and support updates of value stream maps.
- Support make/ buy analysis for new product programs.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline or equivalent work experience.
We also require:
- Experience performing within a Manufacturing Engineering role of 3 years or more.
- General understanding of Industrial Engineering principles.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Industrial Engineering experience.
- Experience with setting work standards.
- Value Stream Mapping experience.
- Ability to facilitate wage and salary employees in improving process efficiency.
- Working knowledge of work standard pay software.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing simulation software.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.