Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
John Deere Cylinder Division in Moline, IL is seeking an entry-level Engineer to design, develop and adopt hydraulic cylinders for current and new mobile equipment applications. You will collaborate with product engineers at other John Deere Units, supply management and manufacturing within Cylinder Internal Platform to meet cost, quality and delivery goals. In addition, you will:
- Execute test and/or analysis plan for product verification and validation with PV&V engineers.
- Follow established procedures in managing and completing projects.
- Be willing to travel approximately 10%.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. In addition, we require:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in using Pro/Engineer or other CAD.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, problem solving and team skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Product engineering experience.
- Experience in using product development processes (PDP).
- Working knowledge of hydraulic cylinders and systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with engineering tools, systems and databases.
- Experience with machining, welding and assembly manufacturing processes.
- Experience with product costing and quality processes.
- Technical experience relating to design and diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with agricultural, construction and forestry machines.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.