Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
At John Deere, we know how much time it takes to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop. We partner with those who feed the world. We create complete solutions from field to farm for our customers so they can be more productive as stewards of the land. The energy-efficient systems in our operations reflect a commitment to protect our environment. We also invest in water technology to better manage and distribute one of earth’s most valuable resources. Experience John Deere and serve the land you live on.
As a leader in processes and applications, John Deere’s Human Resources organization offers various roles for HR professionals. At factories, units and the company’s world headquarters, John Deere’s HR organization provides opportunities in the area of generalist, as well as areas of specialization such as international HR, compensation and benefits, training and development, and industrial relations. In HR, you are a key enabler to a powerful workforce.
What You'll Do
John Deere Human Resources (Agriculture -Waterloo Works) is seeking a Human Resources Representative to support the Labor Relations processes at Waterloo Operations and assist managers/employees in resolving issues. You will: ·
- Perform various wage administration processes such as job placement, job bidding, layoffs/recalls and hiring
- Coordinate various manpower placement and movement for multiple units and make assignments based on contractual guidelines and business requirements to ensure that physically qualified employees are placed appropriately in various wage job assignments
- Be responsible for handling day-to-day inquires from wage employees, supervisors, and managers
- Assist in the correct application of labor contract rules and past practices and provide assistance to Labor Relations as needed
- Update database and publishes/distributes various reports to ensure that important employment information is shared with all relevant parties
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) who thrives on problem solving and working in a team environment. Ideally, you would have a Bachelors degree in a Business/Management/Human Resources or equivalent experience. We also require:
- 1 -3 years Labor Relations/Human Resources experience
- 2 years manufacturing and/or operations experience
- 2 years work experience in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support range of individuals from employees to managers
A strong candidate will have:
- Knowledge of current UAW labor contract and labor law
- Experience in major Human Resource processes such as SAP HR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Understanding of compensation programs and benefits plans for production/maintenance employees
- Ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.