Thank you for your interest in learning more about this John Deere opportunity. We encourage you to complete our application process if this position fits your skills, experiences and preferences.
We also invite you to leave your contact information with us below*. John Deere may then send you periodic email communications regarding employment.
* This request will only appear once and this information will be used solely for the purposes of communicating information about working at John Deere.
Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
A key component of the marketing function at John Deere is the product support team. Members of the team provide technical assistance to John Deere dealers through the Dealer Technical Assistance Center (DTAC) hotline. The work is challenging, fast–paced and very fulfilling. Product support professionals work with every area of the company, including engineering, service parts, manufacturing, marketing, the branch organization, dealers and customers. Through exposure to all facets of our business, individuals can identify other areas of the company that may serve as a future career path.
What You'll Do
As a Field Service Representative for John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) in Coffeyville, KS, you will use all available resources to resolve complex problems our customers encounter with our products, throughout the life of the product. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gather and analyze data concerning all aspects of the product and feed that back to the various disciplines within the company in order to improve SVA, the product, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in cross functional team activities including, but not limited to, product improvement programs, new product development, early problem detection, and product support process improvement.
- Assist in the development of technical publications and product training programs.
- Maintain and develop skills as required in order to support new products or product changes.
- Mentor other Product Support Representatives in these areas.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a global team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Technical Education, Business/Management, Engineering/Technology, Agricultural Sciences, Marketing, or equivalent experience. We require:
- Ability to read detailed blue prints, hydraulic, electrical, and power flow schematics.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with failure analysis.
- 1-3 years of customer support and customer interaction experience.
- Ability to perform in a team environment however must also be able to work independently while understanding and following established principles and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate with people from various backgrounds and positions.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience working with electric drive/control systems.
- Multi-lingual in languages such as Spanish, French, German, or Portuguese.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with dealer and distributor networks
- Understanding of product delivery processes/systems.
- Knowledge of the off highway Construction, AG, and Forestry industry products, customers, and markets.
- 1-3 years of work experience with various disciplines such as marketing, sales, engineering, and manufacturing.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.